Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Birthday conspiricy




This is my birthday week. It is the first Birthday without my twin sister, and I am still grieving her untimely death from lung cancer. My partner Becky, ever kind and concerned as she is, conspired with my sister Debbie, who also lives in Washinton. Debbie flew down this past weekend to help me celebrate, and make some sister memories of our own. Becky had her sister, Susan and her husband Ken, drive to the Airport and pick Debbie up, all without my knowing a thing! I was sitting in my recliner Friday night and the front door opened and Debbie walked in!


It's not too often that I am speechless, but my brain couldn't comprehend how she got here, and where her husband was, and how she got here from the airport! Becky just stood there grinning.

We had a wonderful weekend, touring San Francisco and having a wondeful meal at the House of Prime rib. Becky had planned it all without my knowledge! Is it any wonder that I'm getting ready to marry her at the end of the month? She's a keeper.

This is my 64th year. Yep, I still tell my age. I've outlived my father, my mother and my twin...however I carry all those whom I have loved, deep within my heart. My sister Debbie will never know how much it meant to have her walk through that door...Well, perhaps she will if she reads my blog.

This is a conspiricy I can live with!

Peace to all who share my journey.



2 comments:

asherah20@gmail.com said...

my twin died last month of lung cancer after 5 months of suffering.
Our birthday is on may 3rd. weird not to have her around. we are only 30...

EDWIN H. PEART said...

While I have twin sisters, there was another set of twins born in my immediate family. My mother's only brother Lorne Fyfe Handford and his wife Gladys gave birth to twins, a boy William and a girl Donna in 1930. My mother had just graduated from the St. Boniface Hospital School of Nursing and was up two days and nights with little rest helping to take care of them. Unfortunately, complications set in and they both passed away. Two years later in 1932 Aunt Gladys gave birth to a daughter Doreen and in 1936 to another daughter named Shirley. They are my only first cousins on my mother's side and they are still living today in Vancouver British Columbia Canada. I had six first cousins on my father's side, four male and two female. They have all now passed away,the last being my cousin Peter Peart who passed away in December 2007.