Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Holloween plus other news



Thought I'd share a picture of the cake that Becky made, with candy corn and frosting on a cake base. It was so good. We were going to share it with others, but you know how that goes! It's been awhile since I've popped into my blog and I guess it's about time.

I'm working on my new book, interviewing older lesbians who will share their stories with me. My working title is "Guardians of the Flame, Older Lesbians share their stories" We're going to southern Calif. for a couple of interviews.

I'm also working on new quilting projects.
Becky and I made a quilt ladder to display our quilts.
Now we can show off 5 at a time! I bolted it to the wall so it is a permanent fixture in our home. She is hard at work on two or three at a time.
The other news, is that I'm going to West Palm Beach Fla for an anti- heterosexism conference that will also address the harm done by reparative therapy and ex-gay messages that have done so much harm. I'm happy to join with Soul Force, and Beyondexgay amongst others, as we reach out once again on a national level. I'll be reporting on it the end of November.
Whoever is out there in space and might read my blog, I hope you are all doing well.

1 comment:

EDWIN PEART said...

When Becky bakes a cake, it's always a real work of art. My wife Janet is about to embark on her baking for Christmas. When she was working, she always took in a cookie tin full of assorted goodies such as cookies, shortbread, almond bark,mince tarts and chocolate covered cherries to name a few. It never stayed out very long before it was all gone. Every year before Christmas rolled around, everyone at her place of work always asked when the goodies were going to arrive. They really missed them after she retired. For this time of the year in Winnipeg there is very little snow on the ground and the streets are almost bare. On December 1st most of the grass was still visible and the Christmas Tree Lot in the neighbourhood where I live had to go and raid the neighbourhood Community Club and haul away some of what the ice cleaning zamboni dumped outside in order to get snow to put the trees in. It's supposed to be clear and cold for the next few days so the small dusting of snow that we received after December 1st will remain that way for a bit. It would be great if it stays this way until spring but that may be pushing it a bit.
The wife and I have most of our shopping done and since we have an artificial Christmas Tree we will probably put it up next week. In driving around the neighbourhood, we noticed a lot of trees already up and my sister phoned me from Montreal last Sunday to say that her tree was already up. Since it will only be the wife and I around on Christmas Day, we will probably go out to one of the local hotels for our Christmas Dinner. There are a lot of people here in Winnipeg who do this as we have found out by going out the last few years.

HOPE YOU AND BECKY ARE KEEPING WELL. THE WIFE AND I WISH YOU BOTH A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR.